Microsoft launched its new Outlook email service yesterday and achieved the impossible by being bloody brilliant. Now, early adopters are swarming over usernames, and some have managed to snag email addresses that you’d think Microsoft should have kept to one side.
The Verge reports that, so far, some rather famous names have had their email addresses grabbed:
- email@example.com (claimed by PC Pro)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (which has now spawned the excellent Ballmer on Ballmer)
- email@example.com (also featuring on Ballmer on Ballmer)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (snagged by Ryan Hoffman)
- email@example.com (OK, so that one’s just amusing)
It’s odd that Microsoft didn’t reserve addresses like donotreply. That leads us to suspect that there must be plenty more where they came from — so leave a comment if you’ve signed up with a particularly good one. [The Verge]