The Xperia S is a lovely handset, but it has the potential to be so much more. Thankfully, Sony has confirmed that the next generation isn’t far away in the Xperia SL — a 1.7Ghz smartphone with a killer 12-megapixel camera and a screen that may look better than the iPhone 4S’ Retina display.
It’s called the Xperia SL, and you read right: the iPhone 4S with its 640 × 960 pixel screen boasting 326ppi is about to be outdone by Sony and its Bravia Engine-enabled 4.3-inch, 1280 x 720 pixel screen which boasts 342ppi. Wow.
Here’s what else we know about the SL:
• It will have a 12-megapixel camera
• It’s going to be Playstation Certified for mobile gaming and streaming to your TV
• You’ll get 50GB of cloud storage that will be free forever
• It’ll have NFC sharing
• Music and movies playback will go through the WALKMAN app that will also feature customisable sound options
• The processor is a dual-core Qualcomm chip with a 1.7Ghz clock speed.
• It weights 144 grams
• It runs Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box (sorry Jelly Bean lovers)
• It’ll come in silver, white, black and pink