Here’s the component list:
• NVIDIA T30L Tegra 3 processor — plenty fast brain.
• 1GB of Hynix HTC2G83CFR DDR3 RAM — the same kind used in the MacBook Pro with retina display.
• AzureWave AW-NH665 wireless module — for Wi-Fi connectivity.
• Broadcom BCM4751 integrated monolithic GPS receiver — for tracking your whereabouts.
• Invensense MPU-6050 gyro and accelerometer — for gaming and stuff.
• Kingston KE44B-26BN/8GB 8GB flash — the storage.
• 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera only — because back-facing cameras are stupid in tablets.
• Hydis HV070WX2 7-inch, 1280×800 HD display — a nice resolution for a 7-incher.
• The scratch-resistant glass is fused to the display — so you have to change both if one breaks.
The iFixit people also noticed a lot of copper allow heat sinks, which led them to assume that Asus was worried about heat dissipation in a package that is only 1mm thicker than the new iPad. [ifixit]