During the Winter Olympics, we’ve seen more than our share of athletic action sequences – complex motions broken into stills. For this week’s Shooting Challenge, you’ll be recreating the effect in the real world (or anywhere else you like).
Shoot an action sequence of any sort.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos need to be taken the week of the contest. (No portfolio linking or it spoils the “challenge” part.)
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings and technique used to snag the shot.
4. Email submissions to [email protected]
5. Include 800px wide image AND 2560×1600 sized in email. (The 800px image is the one judged, so feel free to crop/alter the image for wallpaper-sized dimensions.)
Send your best entries by Sunday, February 28 to [email protected] with “Action Sequence” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs or GIFs, and use a FirstnameLastnameAction.jpg (800px) and FirstnameLastnameActionWALLPAPER.jpg (2560px) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email.
[Lead photo by Marcio Abe]